Safety in the workplace is a way of life for C.L. Lewis & Company, Inc. Our Safety Director, Pam Ross, has instituted an aggressive safety agenda, which includes completion by each superintendent of a Job Safety Analysis at the beginning of every workday, in-house inspections, weekly jobsite safety meetings, and consistent safety training. Our key personnel are trained in First Aid & C.P.R. and most have attended OSHA Safety and Health 10-Hour Courses sponsored by the Associated General Contractors of Virginia or other prevailing authorities.
C.L. Lewis & Company, Inc.’s safety policies are spelled out in detail in our safety manual. These policies are continually updated not only to comply with changes in the law but also to address accident causes and hazards as they are identified. Our program also requires all subcontractors to submit a copy of their company’s safety program.
We are proud of our safety record
– and our safety statistics prove our program works…with incident rates below industry averages for our division. C.L. Lewis & Company, Inc. is a founding member of the AGC of Virginia Safety Alliance, an organization that promotes workplace safety and health by establishing and maintaining an open forum with all members. Our membership consists of responsible general and subcontractors from across the Central Virginia Region. Pam Ross, our Safety Director, is an officer and an active member of the local steering committee of this organization, which has launched additional safety alliances throughout the state of Virginia.
Our safety goals are to:
- Construct each of our projects with zero injuries and accidents
- Have the most highly trained and safest employees in the industry
- Protect life, limb and property
- Eliminate liability risk to our clients, subcontractors and ourselves